Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Video Lessons from Mymusictheory

I have had a lot of requests from people for some basic lessons in how to read music.
A lot of these requests are from adult choir members who are struggling with using a score in choir practice, and who would like to be able to understand the blobs and lines in front of them!

So, I've decided to produce a series of simple video tutorials which teach people how to read music. Each lesson will take just 5 minutes and will introduce a handful of ideas and then practise them. I've kept the commentary to a minimum on purpose - the best to learn is to watch, think, and then do.

A lot of the music lesson videos I've watched fail because they try to introduce too much new material too quickly - which is overwhelming for most people. Learning to read music takes practice and time. You need to do a little every day, and you will soon see results.

You'll also get to see my face and meet my cats!

The first lesson teaches the staff (or stave, if you prefer), the treble clef, and three notes: G, A and B.

No comments:

Post a Comment